Institute of Computer Science Iasi is the first institute created by the Section of Computer Science and Information Technology of Romanian Academy.
The Institute was a subsidiary of Bucharest's Research Institute for Computers and Informatics until June 1990. There after the institute was formally established and included into the Iasi Subsidiary of Romanian Academy. The main research interests have been structured as follows:
1. Development methods and algorithms for image processing, with application in medicine, metallographic images, optical character recognition and satellite images analysis.
2. Development methods of 3D reconstruction from 2D images.
3. Signal processing with fuzzy systems and neural networks, with application in medicine, speech analysis.
4. Soft computing techniques in Romanian language speech synthesis.
5. Development methods and algorithms for fuzzy and neuro-fuzzy control. Design and stability analysis.
6. Automated analysis and generation of natural language. Linguistic knowledge bases and automated. SGML lexicons for Romanian.
7. Distributed Systems and Concurrency. Theory of Programming .
8. Biophysical models for neocortical single neurons and neuronal structures.
Dr. Victor Cojocaru este Cercetător Științific Superior la Institutul de Inginerie Electronică și Nanotehnologii al Academie de Știința a Moldovei.
Dr. V. Cojocaru a efectuat mai multe vizite academice la Institutul de Informatică Teoretică al Academiei Române și a publicat mai multe lucrări rezultate din aceste vizite.